Thread: Beginnings... Pt I
Board: Dark Beginnings
Group: Players
[1]  [2]  [3]  Exit

Admin

rolls... Malek's Wisdom Check 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 7:08 PM (PBW Time)

  January 7, 2020, 7:08 pm

Roll 1, 20 sided di(c)e 1 times. Add 10 to the result. Drop the lowest 0 di(c)e.
 20 + 10 = 30
Total = 30


Admin

posted... The Situation on the Bridge... 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 7:12 PM (PBW Time)

  Cyrus- You begin to gather your will, the warmth of the energy collecting within your body… the words formulate in your mind… you feel the arcane energy course through your body… with a gesture and a word, you push your will through your hand towards the doorway… the icy feel that accompanies the outward flow of power chills your body to the core… the fire generates at your fingertips… and sputters with a flame no larger than that of a small candle. You look at your hand with a look of shock, confusion and fear. Having always had an affinity for the arcane arts, this is the first time in recent memory that you’ve cast something that didn’t work. Turning your attention from the vacant door, you begin pondering what went wrong with your spell.

Cyrus, Deacon, & Elkas- The situation stands as this… there is utter chaos going on as more and more people come out of their houses/shops to see what the commotion is. Deacon and Elkas have both helped pull Delcah up onto the catwalk, and are both sprawled on the ground trying to catch their breath. Delcah currently lies in the fetal position, quietly weeping. Kheldar and the other militia member are slowly proceeding across the catwalk towards Cyrus’ front door, spears lowered. Cyrus is standing with his back to all the events going on behind him with a pensive look on his face as he often raises his right hand up and then puts it back down. (As usual, posting order is akin to initiative… first post, everyone else reacts off of it).

Admin

posted... A Meeting in the Woods... 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 7:15 PM (PBW Time)

  Daelana- The man sits down on a log and begins to pile kindling. As he works, he listens to you talk, smiling slightly as he takes a few of the offered nuts, popping them into his mouth with little concern. At your question, his smile wavers slightly, but returns just as quickly.

”I go by many names young Daelana… but you may call me Malek… he says with a slight incline of his head, ”… Malek Aldhanek. I travel these lands always looking peddle my wares… and a willing customer.” He stirs the bacon a bit over the now crackling fire. He smiles again, ”Now my dear… how about you tell me about where you live? I have answered one of your questions… but you have ignored mine. And you can also tell your friend over there…” he nods towards the treeline, ”… that he can come join us instead of sitting in the woods.”

Draven- You creep around the treeline, attempting to get closer to hear what is being spoken of. The wood is eerily quiet, but you silently make it to a well-shaded spot about thirty yards away from the pair. As you settle in to observe, you see the man gesture in your direction and say something about sitting in the woods. The feeling in the pit of your stomach at the thought of being caught leaves your insides empty and hollow.

Daelana and Draven- Something strikes you both mere seconds before Malek gestures towards the trees where Draven hides… you distinctly remember Malek piling kindling for the cookfire… but that’s it. There is now a crackling fire, that you don’t remember him lighting… there is now a pan and bacon, that you don’t remember him having before.

Daelana Paelias

rolls... Perception for Draven 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 7:59 PM (PBW Time)

  January 7, 2020, 7:59 pm

Roll 1, 20 sided di(c)e 1 times. Add 5 to the result. Drop the lowest 0 di(c)e.
 14 + 5 = 19
Total = 19


Daelana Paelias

posted... Daelana 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 8:00 PM (PBW Time)

Daelana felt off kilter. Something wasn't adding up; she must be losing time. How else could she miss Malek's preparations?

"What do you mean?" Daelana stood and turned her attention to the woodline. She had not been aware of any extra company but the motion would give her time to compose herself. From somewhere within her father's voice echoed, The most important thing in the world is to stay secluded and let no one know where the town is. A chill ran down her spine. She had been foolish enough already, speaking so plainly with a stranger. One thing at a time.

She took a few steps towards the woods, away from the fire and Malek. "Who's out there?"

Perception (unless Draven rolls with it): 14 + 5 = 19

Cyrus

posted... Cyrus 
on Tue 7 Jan 2020 @ 8:31 PM (PBW Time)

Cyrus feels both confusion that his spell did not work, and relief that he did not just set fire to the place most dear to him. Gathering himself, he turns his gaze to the guards approaching the place he calls home and reaches for his crossbow to provide assistance. As his hand touches his back, he realizes that his crossbow remains inside with the dagger he dropped. Unarmed, he decides to help by trying to determine if this monster has any weaknesses based on the flora it spawned from.
Nature check: 13 + 4 = 17

Draven Fellderstaff

rolls... Deception Check 
on Wed 8 Jan 2020 @ 2:26 PM (PBW Time)

  January 8, 2020, 2:26 pm

Roll 1, 20 sided di(c)e 1 times. Add 0 to the result. Drop the lowest 0 di(c)e.
 11 = 11
Total = 11


Draven Fellderstaff

posted... An ounce of caution... 
on Wed 8 Jan 2020 @ 2:30 PM (PBW Time)

Draven shook his head to try to clear the fog of confusion. This was indeed, a strange day. Twice now, his mind had betrayed him. He needed to get Dae away from all of this so he could talk to her. He definitely didn't trust the creepy old man sitting before him...or his...magic bacon...

He decided, the time for deception was through. He stood, bow still in hand, arrow at the ready, but no tension on the bowstring.

Well met, traveler, he said. I offer no offense, but I think I am fine over here. My name is Draven; Draven Fellderstaff. These woods are my home. My friend, here, we are but guides who live alone within these woods. I'm afraid our meager coin purses would be ill-suited to your wares. Perhaps, you should be on your way to find more well funded patrons?

Deacon

posted... Deacon 
on Wed 15 Jan 2020 @ 4:43 PM (PBW Time)

Seeing that Delcah is ok, Deacon stands up and offers a hand to help up Elkas. While offering the hand he looks in the direction that Kheldar and the militia member are advancing. Seeing the elf standing in front of the house where all the commotion seemed to start Deacon thinks, Why is that elf just raising and lowering his hand like that?
[1]  [2]  [3]  Exit