Thread: The Mall[Artie & Ace]
Board: Beyond The Supernatural(1sted)
Group: Players
[1]  Exit

Admin

posted... The Mall[Artie & Ace] 
on Sun 30 Dec 2018 @ 11:08 AM (PBW Time)

  The Mall was super busy when the siblings arrived there. Both could see the hustle and bustle as people hurried around to get shopping done, it was almost the last minute after all. It was not late in the evening though, and the two of them found themselves exploring as they were from Ravenrook and hadn't done a whole lot of traveling into the surrounding cities.

The found themselves in the Mall and at the Santa's Workshop, since Artemisia wanted to get things for the tree. She finds there are many hand made ones there. With little hobby horses and snowmen, reindeer with and without red noses hanging merrily from the display tree.

However, things aren't so merry when they get inside. Since a older woman is helping one of her younger helpers get into a Santa Costume.

"Look if your here for pictures with Santa, your going to have to wait a few minutes because our Santa didn't show up to work today." the lady was clearly stressed out and she shook herself out of it. "Take a look around, help yourself to some candy canes." she added kinder. There were already people arriving with their little children for picture with santa, so there was something of a melt down happening.

"What happened to Zillion he's usually on point and here early." the boy in the costume asked his boss while he put the hat on and combed his hands through the large beard.

"No Show, No Call" the stressed woman said.

There was the general rumbling of getting pictures with Santa, and can we get this in blue or green. So things fell into a more normal routine.

Please make a perception check the both of you.

Acheron Graves

posted... Wow 
on Mon 31 Dec 2018 @ 11:46 AM (PBW Time)

  Even though he was older than that he still held onto his sister's arm as they walked keeping his eyes open and on people as well as surroundings.

This place was big.

They could easily get lost here if they weren't careful. "Psst, Artie." he gave her arm a tug. Aren't you afraid of getting lost ?" he asked her.

Though he tried to hide the excitement he felt at being out somewhere they had never been. He thought he might be half successful.

When they entered into the Santa Shop, he let go to roam around and look at things. "Maybe we should get a first Christmas ornament ?" he called to her though paused to listen to the conversation. You didn't grow up in trouble all the time and learn not to be quiet.

Perception:19

Artemisia Graves

posted... Hmm. 
on Mon 31 Dec 2018 @ 1:03 PM (PBW Time)

** EDITED December 31, 2018, 1:08 pm **

The blond gave a look around as well she was however judging the areas that the two of them were going to go. She was going to make sure they got food and they were going to do a bit of shopping. She would check in with Jarlath once she paged he was out of surgery.

She looked into the places with a quick peek. Artie was not sure she was too fond of this place there was something odd about it. In the same way some of the places in Ravenrook was Odd.

When Acheron went into the Santa's places she followed close behind and caught her brother by the arm and hugged him as the people spoke to the two of them. "Oh no." she said with a shake of her head. "Were here to have a look around." she stated quietly. Than with a nod of her head to the two clearly busy people she stirred her brother away and allowed him to roam.

She had found a hobbyhorse she loved. It was dressed up like a merry-go-round horse but painted up with poinsettia in Christmas colors. Artie held it in her hand.

"Mmmm." she considered. "I don't know Ace, I think that first Christmas's are more the thing for like marriages and babies." she answered as she patted him on the back. "What do you think about these." she dangled the little hobby horse from a finger."For each of us with a name." she tapped the saddle "Here?" she inquired.

Though there was something strange around her and she felt the chill up her spine.


Perception: 15-I am not sure if you have any form of adding to a perception check.

Admin

posted... In the Shop 
on Mon 31 Dec 2018 @ 3:23 PM (PBW Time)

  The woman looked happy that Artemisia and Acheron were not looking for a time with Santa, as they were still trying to cover this. Other people were not so nice about it, people wanting that last minute picture.

Both notice there is something odd about the two maniquinn's in the window, since they both could have sworn they were looking out into the mall, not into the store when they got there. In fact they both know they were.

Artie when she pulls the little hobby horse down from the window, she got the feeling of being watched when she disappeared back through the store, and possible malice at the act.

Acheron notices that the small toy soldiers have changed locations and seem to be moving closer to them.

Acheron Graves

posted... Pretty Sure 
on Wed 2 Jan 2019 @ 9:32 PM (PBW Time)

  He hadn't thought about it that way and he gave a small pause and turned to look more fully at the little toy solider's all painted for Christmas-he knew they had not been that close before.

Artie was dangling a hobby horse in front of him though and he smiled."Yeah, it could work." he agreed and hoping to not draw to much attention from their not so nice friends he caught his sisters arm and tugged her from the isle they were on. "Just move, sissy." he whispered hoping to pull her along and leave them behind.

"Those toy soldiers, Artie...are...are they following us ?" he asked.

Artemisia Graves

posted... They What ? 
on Fri 4 Jan 2019 @ 3:45 PM (PBW Time)


Artie had moved when her brother tugged at her practically pulling her alone. The bag she carried and her lap top was heavy as anything and she almost stumbled along. The joy's of not being well she supposed.

She moved behind the isle with her brother and held a hand up to him. So she could peek around the corner. She did not like this at all.

"Stay put." she encouraged him softly. It wasn't even a second thought to look and see. She trusted her brother.

She looked to see if the little solider's were there.


If the solider's are there she'll use See Aura to see if she can figure out what's going on with them.

Admin

posted... Answers 
on Mon 7 Jan 2019 @ 11:43 AM (PBW Time)

 
General Level of Experience: low
Presence of Magic: Yes
Presence of Psychic Abilities: No
High or Low Base PPE: middling
Presence of a Possessing Entity: NO
Mb>Presence of an unusual human abberation: No


Admin

posted... Toy Soliders 
on Mon 7 Jan 2019 @ 12:21 PM (PBW Time)

 
As the girl peers around the corner to get a good line of sight she finds out that there are more than one of them. There are about six. They seem to notice her even as she notices them.

The come to a stop and the one in the lead motions. The other two seem to move to cover both ends of the isles the two are on. If a toy with a painted face could have an angry look, these toy solider's look beyond pissed off.

It's also noticeable that the sounds from the mall have been dampened by something. The two employee's are no longer arguing over the santa suit, which she notices because she took a peek.

She can not see them due to the sleigh that is in the way but if there was any time for a bad feeling it was now.


The Soldiers are moving this round. So both Artemisia and Acheron have a round to do something. If they attempt to run past they are going to run into resistance-The Toy Soldiers there is also the sound of little feet marching which means there are likely more than the three she see's and the three that went around to Ace's side.

Acheron Graves

posted... Eww 
on Wed 9 Jan 2019 @ 4:54 AM (PBW Time)

 
He gave a low whistle when his sister moved and looked to the ones behind him."Should I call for help, Artie ?" he asked as he backed up so they were not going to have anything sneaking up on them.

"Artie, do I stomp em or..kick em or ?" he was still a kid and he hadn't ever had his toys attack him. Artie tk'ing them to combat each other didn't count.

Initiative- 3

Artemisia Graves

posted... Something 
on Wed 9 Jan 2019 @ 5:57 AM (PBW Time)



The girl glanced to both the directions the ways that they could get out was blocked well-damn.Her initial thought was to get the hell out of their but..that wasn't going to work and these people, were they okay ?

"I think I need some help on this isle." she rose her voice to call to the lady though the fact the two were not arguing over Santa Costume's did not bode well she thought.

"No!" she replied to her brother "If you stomp them they have those little bladed weapons, Ace, were going to have to make a way out. So.." she looked around the isle she was on and winced if she pushed it over there was going to be a lot of damage. "What I want you to do is run for the front, Ace. This is not open to debate." she stated firmly.

Two fingers crossed one over the other and she slowly rotated her hands so both her thumbs were pointed upwards. Than her hands went outwards with the spell. The small wave of force that followed wasn't like her normal tk, this one was damaging.



Wave of Force: 23 SDC to the three in front of her brother.

Admin

posted... Like Toy Soliders. 
on Fri 11 Jan 2019 @ 4:30 AM (PBW Time)

 
As she calls out she needs help she hears the muffled sounds of MFFF TOOFF it seems she and her brother aren't the only ones in this situation and as she enacts her spell, the small soldiers are indeed swept off their feet they fly outwards near the door and are crumbled and splintered wood, all three of them. The burst also catches several of the lower ornaments in the concussive blast. Shattering them as well.

This gives Acheron the chance to run if he plans to take it.

The three behind her let out a gasp and charges her. She is clearly a threat #4 Attacks her with the little bladed part of its gun. She may roll a parry with her bag. #5 stabs at her but her boots protect her. #6 Stabs at and she may attempt a parry on this one as well at a -2.



Artie needs to roll a parry for the first attack and the last, otherwise her boots protect her from the damage.

She suspects that what ever is going on with she and Ace, is likely going on with the Manager and the Employee.

Acheron Graves

posted... but. 
on Fri 11 Jan 2019 @ 3:30 PM (PBW Time)

 
He wanted to say No, that they had to stay close to each other, that they had to be together. It was habit, after he almost lost her.

Ace, gave a groan "I don't want to leave you alone with them." than there were the ones in front of him tumbling through the air. "Awesome" he said and did as she wanted, he made for the door, but stopped to make sure that the other people in here were not in trouble as well.

"Where do you want me to go ?" he had grabbed a Christmas Broom on the way by and spun it like he might a bat.

[1]  Exit