Thread: Tome I - Wave Saber III
Board: Search for the Dragon Lord
Group: Players
[1]  [2]  Exit

Rigoletto

posted... Yep...I'm good 
on Thu 15 Apr 2021 @ 4:43 AM (PBW Time)

Rigoletto checks his weapons, armor, and equipment. He looks at his standard clothes and decides to magical change them into more appropriate travel clothes for dungeon crawling. He has his foppish hat change to a smaller less cumbersome beret.

He then claps his hands and rubs them together, “So from rummaging to dungeon crawling…just a normal day with this crew. Let’s do some crawling!”

If the others are not ready yet, he will take out three of his daggers and start juggling.

Syd' Ny

posted... Companion 
on Mon 19 Apr 2021 @ 4:49 AM (PBW Time)

Noticing what Chothur is doing with Foal, Syd’Ny knows that Shilo already has the smarts to avoid most dangers over her head. Even so, Syd’Ny had added training to make sure that if Shilo was going to throw herself into danger, that specific orders where non-negotiable and she would stop in her tracks or return to her side.

Syd’Ny motions that she was ready.

Brianne Goodwin

posted... All Set 
on Mon 19 Apr 2021 @ 4:49 AM (PBW Time)

OOC: I also will send you an adjusted spell list.

Realizing that they would be more than likely have to go underground again, since the building was way too high on a bluff to hide a ship that needs to be in the water (unless they shrank it magically), she had reviewed her spells upon rising and had already prayed for them. Now she checks the sharpness of her sickle for confirmation, then nods that she is ready.


Syd' Ny

posted... One Weapon? 
on Tue 20 Apr 2021 @ 4:19 AM (PBW Time)

“Ah…that is your only weapon?” Syd’Ny asks, “you might want to think about a missile weapon of some sort, like a sling or throwing clubs, if you don’t want to cause harm.”

Brianne Goodwin

posted... Good Idea 
on Tue 20 Apr 2021 @ 4:21 AM (PBW Time)

“I never really thought about it,” Brianne answers, “I can use sharp items, as you can see, but figured that my spells would be good enough. Your right though, I should have a backup of some sort. I am pretty good at throwing and aiming, so if we stumble upon a weapon like a crossbow or a bow, I could use it, until we get to a town or city.”

Admin

posted... {SDL} [19 Keev 09:00:0] Event 3 – Wave Saber  
on Fri 30 Apr 2021 @ 5:02 AM (PBW Time)

Taking for granted that Brianne and Syd’Ny hand over the gem and bracelet to Astolph for estimation, he looks at the both and estimates there worth individually as being: Malachite Gem: 13-gps, Finely Wrought small gold bracelet: 10-gps.

When everyone is ready, as a group they move into the old ale storage area and gather around the secret entrance into the storage barrel. The line up is as normal, with Myre going first and the rest following in order. It is not hard to open the door, since the locking mechanism was damaged by the previous unknown group. If Chothur’s father had put any protection spells, they seem to have been dispelled.

Entering through the barrel, they exit into a dirt floor chamber, about 40’ x 40’ size, with stone walls and a creaky wooden ceiling, with plant roots creeping through the joints in a some locations. The place is musty and earthy smelling. Pools of water dot the floor in random places from last night’s rain.

The chamber is empty except for a couple of broken barrels and crates. A couple seem intact to the far left corner. In the far right is a 10-ft wide door less exit.

Brianne Goodwin

posted... Thinking out loud 
on Mon 3 May 2021 @ 4:56 AM (PBW Time)

Brianne thanks Astolph and puts both items into her backpack with the love note.

Entering the hidden chamber, Brianne takes a look around and offers, “I wondering what the previous investigators found, if anything.”

Syd' Ny

posted... Tracking 
on Mon 3 May 2021 @ 4:57 AM (PBW Time)

Raising her eyebrow at Brianne taking for granted the charge of the items, Syd’Ny then relaxes and tells herself, we are all in this together.

“If everyone could stay where they are, I will take look to see if I might find some clues in the dirt floor,” Syd’Ny offers at the same time, keeping Shilo from moving and disturbing the dirt. “I might be able to tell how many and what race they might be from.”

She will then take her time, search and looking for any tracks to give her clues.

Astolph Amastacia

posted... Looking for Assistance 
on Tue 4 May 2021 @ 4:49 AM (PBW Time)

“Good idea Syd’Ny”, Astolph agrees, “Can anyone assist Syd’Ny?”

Myre Moonshadow

posted... Smugglers? 
on Tue 4 May 2021 @ 4:51 AM (PBW Time)

Myre shakes his head, “Sorry, that was not something my teachers thought would be important for me.”

Even though Myre stays put as requested, he does look around the chamber with his eyes with interest, especially the crates, wondering if this chamber might have been smuggler’s hidden chamber.

Rigoletto

posted... Bored 
on Wed 5 May 2021 @ 4:54 AM (PBW Time)

Rigoletto waves his hand in good luck to Syd’Ny in her investigation, “I could help search for this prints, but I might just make them harder to read if I step in the wrong space. Anyway, I have to practice my knife balancing.” He takes out one of his knifes and perfectly balances it on the tip of his right index finger, then flips to his left index finger, and so on.

Chothur

posted... Observing 
on Wed 5 May 2021 @ 4:55 AM (PBW Time)

Chothur glances at Rigoletto and his antics, but keeps quit. He turns his interest in what Syd’Ny is doing and wondering if he might learn tracking.

Admin

posted... {SDL} [19 Keev 9:10:0] Event 3 – Wave Saber 
on Fri 7 May 2021 @ 4:43 AM (PBW Time)

While the others wait, Syd’Ny moves slowly around the chamber studying the dirt floor of any disturbance that might have been from the previous adventurers. After a bit, she report that there are four sets for foot prints. One set with large boots with a deep impression. This would look similar to a large human or half-orc. Two additional sets are smaller and not as deep, so she makes the guess that they where left by a half-elf, human or both. The last set was smaller yet and lighter, but boot prints are thin, so most likely an elf. They prints are all through the chamber as they too search for the crates and boxes. Eventually, all four left through the door at the far end. Syd’Ny then adds, only one set of foot prints returned, in a hurry to exit. It seems to have been the elf.

Myre does notice through his visual survey and later physical that certain boxes are oblong but small. They are easily carried by one person quickly through narrow corridors. Perfect smuggler’s boxes. This is the clearest evidence so far that the structure was used by pirates and they would traffic their acquired booty through this chamber.

Once Syd’Ny states she has learned all she can, the rest investigate the chamber and find nothing of true interest. Even Foal and Shilo move around the chamber sniffing the floor with interest at first, but then just sit and wait for the others.

Astolph Amastacia

posted... Be Prepared 
on Mon 10 May 2021 @ 4:30 AM (PBW Time)

After hearing Syd’Ny’s report, Astolph slips deep in thought. When he comes out, “It seems to me that whatever these four ran into below must have been very dangerous. Three of the elf’s comrades did not return, so we need to be very cautious as we continue.”

Myre Moonshadow

posted... Front Line 
on Mon 10 May 2021 @ 4:31 AM (PBW Time)

Myre hands the torch (forgot to mention that he had lit one for those who have trouble seeing in the dark) and hands it to Astolph, who is typically second behind him. He then removes his shield off his back and places it on his arm. “Please stay close with the torch,” Myre asks, “I would prefer not to be surprised if possible.”

Chothur

posted... Weapons ready 
on Wed 12 May 2021 @ 4:53 AM (PBW Time)

Chothur makes sure his staff is ready, though its length could be hampered in hallway fighting. If this occurs, he will drop the staff and use his throwing axe.

Rigoletto

posted... Ready to Dance 
on Wed 12 May 2021 @ 4:54 AM (PBW Time)

Rigoletto dramatically takes out his rapier and offers a dance of sword play as if practicing against and adversary. With a flourish one a slick smooth move, the replaces the weapon into his sheath. “I’m ready!”

Syd' Ny

posted... Sword and Dagger 
on Thu 13 May 2021 @ 4:45 AM (PBW Time)

Syd’Ny prepares by taking out only one of her Elven Light-Blade holding it in her left and her throwing dagger in her right, and ordering Shilo to stay close.

Brianne Goodwin

posted... Ready as She Can 
on Thu 13 May 2021 @ 4:46 AM (PBW Time)

Not wanting to waste any spells yet, Brianne keeps them ready, but takes out her sickle.

Admin

posted... Torch Bearer 
on Fri 14 May 2021 @ 4:56 AM (PBW Time)

Agreeing to take the torch and being more conservative in his actions that Rigoletto, Astolph takes out his rapier into his right hand, holding the torch in his left. “You do realize that I will need to drop this if I am going to cast a spell, but I will wait until we know for sure what is attacking us.”
[1]  [2]  Exit