Thread: traveling
Board: What awaits
Group: Players
[1]  Exit

DM

posted... traveling 
on Sat 10 Nov 2018 @ 8:52 PM (PBW Time)

As the group splits to begin their travels they all wish the other group the best of luck and Maxion and Laeryl begin moving with the cart while Bahram and Renn travel into the wood line. After about half a day's travel they begin to hear a large amount of noise ahead of them as if there is a small army headed in their direction.

Maxion Valdor

posted... Seeing the army 
on Sat 10 Nov 2018 @ 10:07 PM (PBW Time)

"Ummm, maybe that's not about us," Maxion suggested. "Let's act inconspicuous."
"I guess that means goggle at them like farmers just having taken their turnips to market."

Bahram Feroz

posted... in the woodline 
on Fri 23 Nov 2018 @ 8:36 AM (PBW Time)

As Renn and I continue along the path as soon as we hear the noise I suggest that we move into the woodline on either side of the road so that we are not able to seen as we continue, this way if it is an enemy we can hopefully get a sneak attack.

Laeryl Rosewood

posted... Inconspicuous  
on Sat 1 Dec 2018 @ 9:30 PM (PBW Time)

  MELaeryl's grip tightens on the reigns once the sounds of the coming army reach her ears. Her knuckles are nearly white as she nods in agreement with Maxion.

She directs the horses more to the side to make way, and hopes that Maxion is right.

Renn Starborn

posted... Hiding 
on Sat 1 Dec 2018 @ 9:46 PM (PBW Time)

"Good idea," Renn whispers back to Bahram. She glances to the side, then slips gracefully into the woods to the right of the wagon. She moves carefully to try to remain hidden as she continues to flank the wagon.

OOC:
Move Silently: 23
Hide: 17

DM

posted... hide and pass 
on Mon 18 Nov 2019 @ 1:13 PM (PBW Time)

Ren and Bahram slip into the woodline on separate sides of the roadway watching to see what is coming their way. After about a minute of getting hidden they each see a small army of skeletons (appear to be human about 10 of them), two things that look like skeletons but seem to have all their intestines still inside, you also see two colomns of bones with what seems to be an arm with a scything blade moving slowly because it would collapse onto itself and reestablish itself to move, both see a serpent like creature of bones with two heads crawling along with the small army, Finally you see a lone tall and regal skeletal figure wearing armor with a black tattered cloak but having 3 skulls with blue flames coming from each of the six eye sockets carrying a staff with a skull on each end.

Bahram Feroz

posted... seeing what I can identify 
on Tue 19 Nov 2019 @ 2:00 PM (PBW Time)

watching as the creatures begin passing, identifying the skeletons easily I try to think back and if I know any of the other creatures (the 3 skulled seeming leader, the columns, or the serpent looking things, but to no avail, hopefully Renn knows more than I do so that we can flank them

DM

posted... Wait for them to pass 
on Tue 10 Dec 2019 @ 12:51 PM (PBW Time)

Bahram and Renn watch as the group of undead pass them by moving down the road.

Bahram Feroz

posted... As the group move past 
on Tue 17 Dec 2019 @ 10:14 AM (PBW Time)

As soon as I feel it is safe to move out of the wood line when the small army has passed, I signal for Renn to move out also and tell her "We can follow them as they come up to our compatriots so we can surround them and have a tactical advantage."

DM

posted... traveling 
on Fri 10 Jan 2020 @ 7:21 AM (PBW Time)

Once the small band of undead have passed Bahram and Renn move back to the road and look at each other and agree to follow the undead to make sure that the rest of their party is safe. As the undead collective moves closer Renn and Bahram notice the regal looking skeleton figure scream out in a shriek and everything stops in the middle of the road, and then watch as the skeleton looking creatures move forward making a small wall, with the two columns of bones placed just on the other side almost evenly seperated from each other and from the ends of the wall with the snake like skeleton in the center and the skeleton with it's intestines in the center of the wall.

OOC:
I will send a map set up to give everyone an idea of what is going on.
[1]  Exit