Thread: Inside the Cave
Board: What awaits
Group: Players
[1]  [2]  [3]  [4]  [5]  Exit

Renn Starborn

posted... Search party? 
on Sun 30 Apr 2017 @ 11:27 AM (PBW Time)

Renn limps alongside the group as they search farther into the cave. She grimaces when they come across the cauldron and stands back, letting the others more knowledgeable with magics deal with it.

"Should we take it and start a search for the boy? If they weren't magicked away, then the two could be in danger here," she says.

Bahram Feroz

posted... I'm in 
on Sun 7 May 2017 @ 4:07 PM (PBW Time)

"We can begin coordinating a search party. But we should definitely stick together because if someone magiced the Taran and Hen Wen away they are powerful magic users and it would take all of us to get them back."

DM

posted... looking around 
on Sun 21 May 2017 @ 12:25 PM (PBW Time)

As the group continues to try to figure out how they are going to go about looking for the boy and his pig, and also how to move the cauldron from the cave when Laeryl hears a sound and turns around to see a man about 4 foot tall, with black hair, black eyes, and very dark skin wearing leather armor and black cloak with a silvery web pattern on the fabric. The man has a light crossbow drawn and a short sword in a scabbard on his side.

Maxion Valdor

posted... To the smallish dark man 
on Sun 21 May 2017 @ 5:51 PM (PBW Time)

"Ah... hello, there," Maxion greeted him, without pretension, though he began casting his peripheral vision about looking for other dark archers. "Are you just approaching us cautiously, or do you propose to rob us?"

Thurim

posted... Watches closely 
on Mon 22 May 2017 @ 7:02 PM (PBW Time)

Thurim slides out from the shadows with his crossbow in the ready and looks at the party sizing them all up.

"If I was here to rob you,then you would've already been slumped over that rock over there. So since your still standing and alive the answer to your question is no I'm not here to rob you."

Thurim slides along the cavern wall close to the shadows,but to also get a little closer to the man that spoke to him.

"My name is Thurim and I have been walking for hours in this cave system. There are many tunnels that lead to timeless dead ends and until now you and your party are the only living beings I have seen."

Thurim does not lower his crossbow and keeps close to the cavern wall just in case,keeping a eye on everyone's actions.

Maxion Valdor

posted... "Thurim," 
on Tue 23 May 2017 @ 9:17 AM (PBW Time)

the cleric nodded, his tone courteous, though he kept his guard up. "We affirm your decision not to rob, let alone murder us. I am Maxion Valdor, priest of Pelor. I'll let my companions present themselves, as they choose."
"You say you've been exploring for a time and have seen no one at all?"

(No young man with a pig, he thought. No trio of witches>)

Thurim

posted... More priests Geezzzzz  
on Tue 23 May 2017 @ 5:36 PM (PBW Time)

Thurim thinks to himself,"geezzzzz I left the city because so many priests looking for hand outs. Then I pick the only cavern with another Holy Roller."

Thurim steps away from the cavern wall a little bit more and lowers his crossbow down to a non threatening posture.

"So your a holy roller huh? If your looking for hand outs for your God or church,you will get none from me. And no! I've not seen no one since I've been in this muddy hole. All I have found is dead end tunnels. Been in here for hours and haven't found nothing. What are you here looking for? Must be something pretty important or big for you to have a big party of adventurers with you. Are you in charge? Or are you just the bait?"

Thurim waits for his answers.

Maxion Valdor

posted... "We're working together," 
on Tue 23 May 2017 @ 5:58 PM (PBW Time)

Maxion both answered one question and didn't. But the second was much less equivocal. "Just now, we're looking for a young man and a large pig. They were traveling with us and became mislocated when we were attacked at the mouth of the caves."
He pointed back the way from which the group had come.

Thurim

posted... A pig??? 
on Wed 24 May 2017 @ 4:40 PM (PBW Time)

Thurim let's out a roar of laughter! "A pig did you say? For a holy roller your quite funny. If I seen a pig running around here,I'd cook me up some pork to go with these beans I have. Now why would you bring a young man to a place like this? How come none of your friends are speaking up?"

Thurim steps back towards the cavern wall and raises his crossbow.

"I get the feeling I'm being set up and your friends are going to attack me. Is this true holy man? Why isn't any one else stepping up and saying hello?"


Maxion Valdor

posted... Why not? 
on Thu 25 May 2017 @ 6:46 PM (PBW Time)

"We've had some bad experiences," Maxion explained. "It's not impossible that you're not what you appear, something malign in disguise."
"Though I will grant that the group is being a little more taciturn than usual..."

Renn Starborn

posted... Silly halflings 
on Thu 25 May 2017 @ 7:46 PM (PBW Time)

Renn stares at the halfling, watching him curiously as he circles his way around the group. She shakes her head, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Don't you think if we wanted to attack you, we would have already? There are more of us than you," she points out. "And you are the one who snuck up on us..."

She shakes her head again and shrugs. "But I'm Renn."

Thurim

posted... Hi Renn 
on Thu 25 May 2017 @ 8:26 PM (PBW Time)

Thurim eyes dart over to Renn. "Hello Renn,are you a holy roller also?" Thurim looks her up and down. Long hair and beautiful green emerald eyes.

"I'm Thurim and as for me sneaking around,if that was the case you wouldn't of seen or heard me. Really we just kind of bumped into each other. I listened to the holy man's story,what is your story of being in this muddy hole. Are you looking for a pig and young man also?

Thurim does not lower his crossbow. He stands at the ready for any hostile actions from this group.

Bahram Feroz

posted... stepping forward 
on Tue 30 May 2017 @ 7:32 AM (PBW Time)

After Renn introduces herself I move forward with no weapon in hand to show that I present no danger to the newcomer and say "I am Bahram".

Thurim

posted... Another one 
on Wed 31 May 2017 @ 5:02 PM (PBW Time)

Thurim looks at the newcomer that just stepped forward and introduced himself.

"Hi Bahram hope I pronounced that right,you a holy roller also? I'm Thurim. You looking for a pig and a youngin too?"


Renn Starborn

posted... Answers 
on Sat 3 Jun 2017 @ 7:24 PM (PBW Time)

Renn can't help but roll her eyes at this point. "As Maxion said, we are all looking for a young lad and a pig. One I would highly recommend not eating, since she is a magic pig." Renn pauses, realizing given the halfling's demeanor so far, that would probably only add to his mockery. With a sigh, she just continues, "And no, I am not a priest. I am just a... fighter of sorts."

Bahram Feroz

posted... Holy roller 
on Mon 5 Jun 2017 @ 11:49 AM (PBW Time)

Looking at the newcomer and hearing his comments about "holy rollers" I think about it and then Renn jumps in and I add in "I believe in the Gods, but I am not a cleric or priest of any of them I am more of a warrior" holding out my hand and having it fill with energy forming a short sword and then having it dissipate.

DM

posted... Haddock & Fred 
on Wed 7 Jun 2017 @ 8:24 AM (PBW Time)

Haddock steps forward and says "Well you may call me Haddock, however I believe that there are a healthy number of people here, and I shall take my leave I personally don't know where you will find the boy or the pig nor am I exceptionally concerned with it." Looking to Frederick I say "Fred I believe if you ask your friends to return your borrowed cart and horse they may be in need of it to move the large cauldron they have found, assuming they can get it out of here, and if you like you can travel with me for a while." Fred looks around and asks Renn if she would mind returning the items he borrowed because he would really, really, really, really like to travel with Haddock.

Bahram Feroz

posted... get out and back to town 
on Wed 14 Jun 2017 @ 8:49 AM (PBW Time)

looking around I say "Well, while all this is nice and all we should figure out a way to get the cauldron out of here and get back to town in case those creatures return, I doubt it would end well for us. We can continue talking over a pint."

Maxion Valdor

posted... "Find the cauldron," 
on Wed 14 Jun 2017 @ 10:22 AM (PBW Time)

Maxion agreed, "The boy, the pig, all of us escape. Good."
He nodded at Thurim. "For all of us, you may go your way in peace. Farewell."
[1]  [2]  [3]  [4]  [5]  Exit