Thread: cave continued
Board: What awaits
Group: Players
[1]  [2]  [3]  [4]  Exit

Ibram Cain2

posted... Well... 
on Mon 24 Aug 2015 @ 10:49 AM (PBW Time)

Ibram turns more fully to the room and asks the man. "So what exactly are you doing here of all places? and do you know who has been sharing these caves with you?"

DM

posted... Again from the book  
on Mon 24 Aug 2015 @ 11:33 AM (PBW Time)

Haddock again looks up from his book looking for the "golden hammer" that Fred spoke of when addressed first to Fred saying "Well Fred, I know of those other dimentions through my studies, I have numerous books on all kinds of things from dieties to spells, and even other dimentions and other realms of existence..." in a slight whisper to Fred Haddock leans in and adds "I hope to visit one of the other dimentions some day." then addressing Ibram's concerns "I am here studying this is as good a place as any generally I'm not disturbed and people generally leave me to myself and I can get in a good 8 to 10 hours of research done with little distraction sometimes Marshall will send one of his morons to ask questions of me but I'm guessing that since he was going that way" pointing in the direction the group was going chasing after the cloaked man "and you are running after him that you dispatched them and are looking for him, unless you are his new lackies...I guess you (pointing at Fred) at least seem a large improvemnet over all of them, I can't tell about the rest of you. As for your question of whom I have been sharing this cavern with I do have some knowledge of him, as I stated his name is Marshall." Returning to Fred Haddock turns his book to show a picture of a device that is cylidrical and comes to a point at the top and has a hammer painted on the side in yellow saying "Oh is this your golden hammer, it says that this device can do great destruction to the world."

Renn Starborn

posted... Rescuing... again 
on Wed 26 Aug 2015 @ 7:48 PM (PBW Time)

Renn takes a step forward while Fred is distracted with his conversation with the stranger. She gently takes Paradox's arm and guides him backward out of Fred's reach, should he decide to take off running again. Even though he'd received healing, she was sure running around the caverns would be taxing for him after being imprisoned for who knows how long.

Laeryl Rosewood

posted... Rear watch 
on Wed 26 Aug 2015 @ 7:56 PM (PBW Time)

  MELaeryl remains ever quiet as she stands at the rear of the group by Ibram. She continues watching behind them as he turns to address the stranger.

Ulf Uthadar

posted... Rear 
on Fri 28 Aug 2015 @ 4:28 PM (PBW Time)

Ulf raises his visor and shakes his head slightly at the bizarre conversation behind him.

Surrounded by madmen it seems, but at least I'm still alive for now...

He stands with Laeryl near the rear, giving her a nod as he assists her in keeping an eye out for trouble.

Frederick Zrnzrk

posted... Chit Chatting 
on Sun 30 Aug 2015 @ 9:43 AM (PBW Time)

  Frederick observed the illustration Haddock had shown him and spoke; "No, I don't think so," he said thoughtfully "I'm pretty sure it's an actual Hammer, not a... strangely shaped pot? With a Hammer drawn onto it? No, I don't think so. Good try though!"

"It seems like it'd be good fun to visit another dimension. You should do it!" Frederick said excitedly. "Let me know how it goes. Or if you want, let me know when you're planning to do it and I can come along, too! It'll be so much fun! I'll have to remember to bring candy though."

"Actually, do you have any candy? I'm all out, and I've been wanting some since before we killed those guys."

Laeryl Rosewood

posted... Shy 
on Wed 2 Sep 2015 @ 10:41 AM (PBW Time)

  ME Laeryl returns Ulf's nod with a nervous smile and minimal eye contact. She combs her fingers through her hair, making sure the left side of her face is still properly shielded and continues her silent watch down the hall.

Paradox Magesong

posted... Active Listening 
on Wed 2 Sep 2015 @ 7:02 PM (PBW Time)

  Paradox listens to the conversation intently, hoping contextual clues will help him to figure out just what it is that is being talked about.

DM

posted... quiet 
on Thu 3 Sep 2015 @ 6:22 AM (PBW Time)

Haddock after watching Renn move Paradox back and having another idea for what Fred is looking for shot down says "Well I may not have a book with me that would give any information on this item you seek, however I will continue to search because this seems like an interesting item you seek for. Oh candy..." the man rummages through his bag and pulls out a small bag and hands it to Fred saying "I do happen to have this bag of unique candies it is rumored that a single piece will last a full day. Yes these other realms and universes sound like visiting them would be very educational, and I would certainly enjoy having you by my side during an excursion being that you and your allies seem exceptionally capable since you dispatched those philistines." As a last thought Haddock before burying his nose back in the book asks, "Would this hammer be like a forge hammer, a war hammer, or what kind of hammer? It will help me narrow down my research, because it seems I will have to look elsewhere for a book with knowledge of this item."

Paradox while listening to the conversation grasps only that Fred is apparently on some sort of individual quest to find a hammer that can destroy the planet, and this strange man sitting in the hall of a cavern reading some very strange books seems to have knowledge of other realms and planes, and is willingly helping Fred gain information about this world destroying hammer.

OOC: Fred receives a bag with 10 pieces of flavored hard candy 2 grape, 2 cherry, 2 apple, 2 dragonberry, and 2 ale flavor

Maxion Valdor

posted... Catching part of the conversation 
on Thu 3 Sep 2015 @ 10:35 AM (PBW Time)

Maxion tried to remember anything he'd heard or read of such a hammer...

(rolled 17).

Frederick Zrnzrk

posted... Candy! 
on Tue 8 Sep 2015 @ 9:50 AM (PBW Time)

  Frederick politely took the pouch from Haddock. "Thanks so much! I knew I should have remembered to buy some before we left town, but I didn't remember to know until we were halfway here."

"The Hammer? Well, a fellow in a temple had a scroll about it a while back, but he wouldn't let me take it. Started talking about cutting my stomach open and having me hanged that way, nasty business. He let me look though! Let me see... As close to scale as I can remember..."

Frederick conjured up an image of a large Mordenkrad style hammer. The head itself is enormous, larger than Frederick's torso or evn any normal Mordenkrad's would be, and squared as opposed to rounded. The haft is nearly five feet long, making the height of the device larger than an average Human. It is ornately designed, predominantly shining gold, with some silver in the design on the haft and in etched details.

"Yep, something like this." Frederick smiled. "Hopefully that helps, I wonder why I didn't think of it before?"

OOC: Frederick expends one Cantrip Slot on Prestidigitation.

DM

posted... Fred and Haddock 
on Sat 12 Sep 2015 @ 1:57 PM (PBW Time)

Haddock says "Ahhh interesting" after Fred's Prestidigitation and the new information provided with a look of interested surprise "You say that there was some temple that held information on this item. Where is this temple, and which deity is this temple dedicated to? I find it hard to fathom that there is a temple that holds information that the Paragnostic Assembly lacks. I must know where this is so that I can gain this information...Then I may be able to help you find this hammer you search for." At this point Haddock begins placing all his books into his pack while taking looks at Fred awaiting a response and after all his books are put in the pack he folds the legs of the chair up and the back of the chair down so that it looks like a slightly thick piece of wood and places that in the pack as well.

Frederick Zrnzrk

posted... Q and A 
on Fri 18 Sep 2015 @ 8:41 PM (PBW Time)

  "That is the coolest chair I have ever seen!" Frederick said excitedly. "Oh, right, the guy. I can't remember where, I think it was in some small village... am I remembering mud huts or thatch roof cottages...?"

"Anyway, the priest there had a really annoying way of talking, I've never met anyone who spoke like that. Any time I'd ask him a question, he'd just talk about how he *could* tell me about something that wasn't quite what I asked about. Lots of emphasis on *could* too, like I said, it was really irritating. You probably wouldn't like him." Frederick started thinking aloud.

"When I asked him if he wanted to trade stories, all he said was that he *could* tell me about his tribe's cuisine. So when I asked about food, he said he *could* tell me about his tribe's history. But he never really told me anything. I found the scroll in the temple by accident, and it seemed related to the Hammer I'm looking for. So when he noticed that I was looking at it, he said he *could* tell me the dangers of angering his tribe if I didn't put the scroll back and leave. So I did."

"I'm sure we'll cross paths again. I think my friends want to kill your boss or something. We can trade notes again next time!" Frederick said with an excited tone and smile.

DM

posted... new info and away  
on Sat 19 Sep 2015 @ 7:06 AM (PBW Time)

Haddock nods as Fred tells him this new information and he finishes packing his things away. Haadock thanks Fred for the new information, thows his pack on his back says "Well they may be better off if they were to join him than try to kill him, but to each their own I guess." And begins walking away.

DM

posted... the group 
on Fri 25 Sep 2015 @ 2:49 PM (PBW Time)

As the group watches as Haddock walks away before regrouping, Ibram tells Fred to please not run off again especially with one of the newly recovered allies because if something bad happens then the rest of the group would need to catch up, which makes sense to Fred so the entire group together starts moving again, the group circles around the where they realize the path was a circle and that had they went the other direction they probably would have run head long into the cloaked man. Realizing that it was a 50-50 shot and nothing to get worried over at this time, they head back the way they came and when they get to the room where their major battle had been they notice that the bodies of their fallen enemies are missing and the top to the alter is moved aside revealing an area where something had been. The group continues along their path all the way to the town without incident.
[1]  [2]  [3]  [4]  Exit